Welcome to the Town of Whitby’s newest neighbourhood by the lake and discover its finest condominium community. Just a three-minute stroll to the Whitby GO Station, and minutes from walking trails, schools, shops, restaurants and more,
The Landing offers the best of condominium living.
The Landing – a commuter’s paradise, and the perfect place to land!
Amid the pandemic, Canadians are looking for alternative places to live, away from the high density of major cities like Toronto and Mississauga. As more people work from home and seek affordable and spacious housing options, there is an outstanding opportunity to invest in livable real estate in areas such as Durham.
- Durham Region was named 2nd best place to invest in real estate (Invest in Real Estate in Ontario 2020 edition)1
- 86% of the population owns their own home (27% higher than the CDN average)2
- Durham’s supply is extremely low, with only 0.6 months of inventory (MOI) 2
- In February 2021, transactions reported had selling prices averaging $889,229 in Durham Region, with the average property selling at 114.1% of list price (SP/LP), a nearly 2% increase from the previous month and a 35.1% increase from last year 2
Whitby on the Rise
- Whitby is home to 2nd largest population in the Durham region approx. 128,377 people3
- Home to two unique downtown cores: Downtown Whitby and Downtown Brooklyn
- The Town of Whitby offers two unique areas, the southern portion is predominantly urban and an economic hub, while the northern municipality is rural
- Home of the Regional Municipality of Durham Headquarters
- Hosts 200+ annual events
- 200+ restaurants and bars
Projected Impact of Immigration
- 1.2 million new Canadians over the next three years, an increase of approx. 50,000 people a year from the current pace
- 70% of the population growth in Durham Region has been driven by immigration (2011-2016)
- The population of Durham Region is expected to double in the next 20 years
- 80,000+ people expected to move to Whitby in the next several years
- Looming shortage – approx. 7,900 units currently proposed
Dockside – Future Projected Project
- Master Planned Community
- 9-minute walk
- 1-minute drive
- Includes over 1,500 residential units
- 30,000 sq. ft. of commercial and retail space
- 4.5 acres of outdoor amenity areas: boardwalks, parks, trails, and more
The developer, Carttera has a 15-year history of creating award-winning commercial, mixed-use, retail and residential condominium developments in the GTA and Montreal. The firm is currently developing over $3.9 billion worth of projects and is funded by major Canadian pension fund capital.
Carttera believes in collaboration, professionalism and integrity, and has long-term relationships with tenants, owners, lenders, industry professionals, and institutional investors.
Get Early VIP Access?
For access to unit pricing and floor plans just fill out this short form.